In this morning’s Washington Post, we examined campaign season clashes between politicians and popstars — pegged to the recent squabble over Tom Petty’s “American Girl” (streaming above).
Online and on Twitter, we asked readers to suggest potential theme songs for 2012’s presidential hopefuls. There were plenty of snark spasms directed at Rep. Michele Bachmann’s campaign, and some more cryptic suggestions, too. (Tim Pawlenty should adopt a new age theme song? Huh.)
Click Track has compiled five of your most interesting suggestions, after the jump.
- For Mitt Romney, one reader suggested Meatloaf’s “I’d Lie for You (And That’s the Truth.”)
- A couple readers re-tweeted Colin Meloy of the band the Decmberists who is offering his band’s “Calamity Song” to Michele Bachmann’s campaign.
- One reader says the media’s theme song during this campaign season should be “Constant Shallowness Leads to Evil” by Coil. Touche.
- A reader says Tim Pawlenty should consider “anything by Enya.” Well... you gotta go with “Orinoco Flow,” right?
- And for President Obama, one reader suggested Bruce Springsteen’s “Born in the U.S.A.” Zing!