“Like Jesus, Annie laid down her life for her friends. Like Jesus, Annie’s life and death brings light, truth, goodness and love to a world often shrouded in darkness, evil, selfishness and death.”
N.Y. Cardinal Timothy Dolan said about Anne Marie Murphy at her funeral Mass at St. Mary of the Assumption Roman Catholic Church. Murphy was a teacher killed in the shooting rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.
Related content on On Faith:
* Thistlethwaite: Obama gives voice to the new national determination on gun control
* National Cathedral dean: '... the gun lobby is no match for the cross lobby'
* Graham: Why the shock and awe?
* Pace: Comfort the grieving
* Stanley: In tragedy we grieve; in God, we hope
* Quinn: Where was God?
* Thistlethwaite:God weeps: 27 children, staff killed in Conn. school shooting